Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No TV

Somehow I've lived without television since May. That's almost 8 months now. Anyone else who has lived with television and then without...I wonder if you've also experienced that productivity does NOT increase post-TV. I find that disturbing. Mostly I'm disturbed by the sad reality that there is no escape. My lack of initiative with my school work unfortunately cannot be solved by television removal. Now what?


Well...I ought to get back to my shows. But hell, television has changed hasn't it? I used to be a big fan of Flipping Out on Bravo, but the intro of 'Interior Therapy' on Facebook is a signal for me to no longer expect another season (right?). It sounds like people are into these shitty shows like 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Oddballs TLC Found'. Reality TV hasn't intrigued me much. My life is hella real. And sitcoms are NOT what they used to be. Maybe you disagree. I need options.

 

Here's a suggestion. Take a peek at 'Portlandia' on IFC. Get sucked in by the opening track by Washed Out, then indulge in the clever humor at the expense of hipsters. Hipsters probably see it as a tribute. To us actually-trendy sexpots, it's just a sane perspective on hipster life and it's oddities. How fun! Speaking of, I've been watching Flight of the Conchords DVDs. Also fun.

Meanwhile, I'll try to mooch off some Parks + Rec and 30 Rock DVDs.

Gnite now!

No comments:

Post a Comment